Monday, June 14, 2010

Where does the time go?

The last 8 weeks since Gray has been here have flown by in a flash! SO let's try to figure out where the time went:

In May, Wes, Penny, and Liv came to meet Gray. Sadly, Gray slept through their entire visit! However, since then, Gray has started to wake up more and more and can't wait to get to play with Liv again in July.

Also, I went back to work for 3 days to clean up my room and say good-bye to my students before summer. Going back to work those 3 days was pretty chaotic, but luckily Ben and Gigi stayed with Gray so I didn't have to worry about him too much.

For Dad's birthday at the beginning of June, Ben, Gray, and I went on our first road trip to Houston to visit Poppi and Mama Jo. While we were there Grayson also got to meet his cousins Kylan and Jayton and Gentry Bass. Gray Boy did great traveling and seemed to enjoy his first overnight trip! We're looking forward to more trips in the near future.

Since returning home from Houston, we switched pediatricians and are very happy with the change so far! It seems that Gray may have reflux issues, but he's eating extra to make up for it. At his 2 month appointment, Gray weighed 11 pounds 2 ounces and measured 23 1/2 inches long. That puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for length. So, besides battling a little heartburn, he seems to be healthy and happy these days.

Just this past Saturday, Greg, Janie and Lucky met us for dinner in Grapevine, during which Lucky and Gray decided that Gray needs a fish shirt to match his cousin. :)

And last but not least, Ben and I made the decision that I will be staying home full-time this fall. I had been going back and forth on whether or not to stay home ever since Gray was born, but all the reasons that kept me going back have melted away one by one. I will be a little sad to say good-bye to my friends and students at school, but I am so looking forward to being home with Gray too.

Whew, what a whirlwind of a month!